1 fire 很棒的adj.
The film is fire. 這部電影非常棒!
Have you checked out my new phone? It’s fire. It can do so many cool things!你看到我的新手機了嗎?它簡直太棒了,可以做很多酷的事。
I went to a concert to see ‘Rob’s Rolling Biscuits’ last night. Their new song is fire.昨晚我去看了《羅布的搖滾餅干》,新出的歌太絕了。
That new series everyone is talking about is fire! It’s got dragons, zombies and vampires in it. I love it!??這部大家都在追的新出的連續劇太好看了!里面有龍,僵尸,還有吸血鬼。我超愛這部劇!
Your t-shirt is straight fire.你的T恤衫真的非常棒。(在這里straight=very)
2 roast =blame 嚴厲斥責; 批評
We had to roast the teacher after she was seen shopping when she was supposed to be off work with flu!這個老師借口患上流感請了病假,但卻被發現正在購物,我們應當嚴厲斥責她。
After my PowerPoint presentation froze during an important meeting, my boss gave me a roasting.我的PPT在一次很重要的會議中卡住了,之后老板嚴厲批評了我。
She was roasted by her friends after she posted pictures of herself on social media showing off her ‘amazing’ suntan.當她在社交媒體上發布自己那些“棒極了的”美黑照片的時候,朋友們都批評她。
3 a sticking point 癥結所在
Trade tariffs were a sticking point in the negotiations.關稅是阻礙談判進行的“癥結”所在。
Bob and Ahmed could not agree on the budget. The amount spent on stationery was a real sticking point.鮑勃和艾哈邁德對預算方案無法達成統一意見。該在文具上花多少錢是真正的“談判粘滯點”。
The amount of time it would take to build the railway was a sticking point when it came to signing the final agreement.簽署最終協議時,修建鐵路所需的時間是一個“問題粘滯點”。
Your jokes were a real sticking point in our friendship!你的玩笑簡直就是我們之間友誼的“癥結”所在。
鑫泉出國全國品牌留學機構,提供最新留學資訊,為您成功留學不遺余力!如有疑問歡迎撥打以下咨詢熱線:
資訊來源:未知
責任編輯:陳中穎